Aberdeen City Trading Standards Metrology Service can provide testing and calibration for a range of weighing and measuring equipment.
The accuracy of your weighing and measuring equipment can be affected over time by environmental influences or through continued use. Whether to meet industry guidelines or requirements of your quality management system, regular calibration checks are necessary to be confident in the accuracy of your equipment.
Our metrology laboratory in Aberdeen is equipped with a wide range of mass comparators and a full set of reference weights calibrated by the Office for Product Safety and Standards that are directly traceable to the standards held by the National Physical Laboratory.
What we can test
- Weights from 1mg up to 30kg to M1, M2, and trade, tolerance
- All types of weighing equipment
- Liquid fuel dispensers
- Bulk fuel tankers
- Length measures
- Capacity measures
What you will receive
- A calibration certificate stating full traceability to UK Primary Standards
- Where appropriate, the certificate will state an expression of uncertainty in accordance with UKAS Guide M3003 and the deviation from OIML tolerance
- A competitive price and a quick turnaround for your calibration
- A service tailored to your needs
- Collection and delivery available within Aberdeen City
Please contact us to discuss your calibration and get a quote.
North of Scotland Notified Body
Aberdeen City Council is the host authority for the North of Scotland Notified Body certified under ISO 17020:2012 to perform Module F conformity assessments of automatic and non-automatic weighing instruments, and liquid and bulk fuel measuring instruments in accordance with 2014/31/EU and 2014/32/EU.
Please contact us to discuss your conformity assessment requirements.