In order to vote you must be registered.
You can register to vote in Scotland if you are:
- 14 or older (although you can't vote in local government elections and the Scottish Parliament election until you are 16 or in UK and European Parliament elections until you are 18).
- a British citizen.
- an Irish, qualifying Commonwealth, or European Union citizen living in the UK.
You can also contact the Grampian Electoral Registration Office to register to vote, check if you are on the register, or apply for a postal or proxy vote:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 01224 068400 (Aberdeen office)
- Write to: Grampian Electoral Registration Office, Woodhill House, Westburn Road, Aberdeen, AB16 5GE