Certain voluntary care workers are disregarded for council tax purposes. This means that we bill your household as if you were not living there. If you live alone you will not have to pay council tax.
You will qualify for this disregard if:
- you are a voluntary (unpaid) care worker
- you are living in the property where you are working
- you care for someone for more than 24 hours per week
- you were introduced to the person you care for by a local authority, the crown or a charitable organisation
- you don't earn more than £44 per week (in some circumstances this is lowered to £36 per week.
You must meet all of these conditions to qualify.
How to apply