Sign up for e-billing to receive and view your Council Tax bills electronically instead of through the post.
If you sign up for Council Tax e-billing, you will get an email whenever you have a new bill and can access it instantly and securely through your self-service account.
You can sign up for Council Tax e-billing at any time.
How to sign up for Council Tax e-billing
You will need a Council Tax self-service account to sign up for e-billing.
If you already have an account, you can log in to it and sign up for e-billing.
If you are a new user, you will need to set up a Council Tax self-service account and activate it by clicking the link in the email we send you before you can sign up for e-billing.
Once you have created your Council Tax self-service account, you will need to answer some security questions to confirm your identity before you can access your Council Tax information. These may include:
- Your phone number.
- Your email address.
- Your eight-digit Council Tax reference number. You can get this from your paper bill.
If you pay your Council Tax by Direct Debit, this may be the reference number used on the Direct Debit payment details on your bank account. Your Council Tax reference number is the first eight digits of the payment reference.
- Your bank account number.
- Your monthly payment amount.
To complete your sign-up for e-billing, you will need to click on the link in the confirmation email you receive and sign into your account again to activate your e-billing subscription.
Get help setting up your account
We have created a series of short videos that talk you through the steps to take to set up and use your account on the Council Tax and Housing Benefit self-service portal.
Benefits of e-billing
E-billing is a faster, more efficient and convenient way to receive and check your Council Tax bills. Here are some of the advantages:
- You can view your Council Tax bill and check your current balance and outstanding payments whenever you like.
- Faster access to bills, so you can see your bill as soon as it's available.
- You will always know where your bill is as it is securely stored online.
- You can download and print your bill if needed, for example to show proof of address.
- It saves paper, so it's better for the environment.
- It helps us reduce printing and postage costs so we have more money to spend on services.
Frequently asked questions about Council Tax e-billing