The Family Information Service (FIS) provides free, comprehensive and up-to-date information and advice about all services for children, young people and their families in Aberdeen. Our directory of services is for parents, carers, young people and professionals.
We hold information on a wide range of services including:
- Childcare (childminders, nurseries and out of school care)
- Education (primary schools, secondary schools, nursery schools and education support services)
- Family Support Services (social care and wellbeing services, housing and homelessness, bereavement, divorce, counselling, general health, domestic abuse, drugs and alcohol, employment, financial help, libraries, sport, and parent and toddler groups)
- Additional Support Needs (disabilities, complex health needs, respite care, disability sport, supported child care)
- Opportunities for 16 - 19 year olds (employment, education, volunteering, support services, community projects, mental health)
Me 2 Early learning and childcare
Is your child 2 years old? If so, you could get 600 hours a year of free Early Learning and Childcare with 'Me 2'.
Find out more: Me 2 childcare places
Becoming a childminder
For more information on how to become a registered childminder contact:
0845 600 9527
Scottish Childminding Association