This consultation is now Closed.
View Committee report and decisions on this consultation:
Report Approved, Holiday dates available on public web site:
Aberdeen City Council's Education Culture and Sports Directorate wish to consult with all interested parties on their proposed holiday dates for all Aberdeen city schools.
This consultation will run from Tuesday 19 August to Wednesday 17 September 2014
There are two options for the year's holidays. Responses are requested from all interested parties where you should indicate your preference and/or any further comments. A proposal document can be viewed / downloaded by clicking the link below.
The proposed holiday dates reflects the following principles:
- Whole weeks of holiday and school term time are preferable to incomplete weeks.
- There are benefits for some children, parents/carers and employees in harmonisation of Aberdeen City holiday dates with our neighbouring authority, Aberdeenshire Council.
- In any school year, the stipulated number of attendance's for pupils is 190 days and the number of working days for teachers is 195 days. There are five additional In-Service days for teachers.
- The main difference between option 1 and option 2 is the removal of the September weekend that usually occurs near the end of September. It is proposed to add these two days to the festive period for year 2015/16 and for years 2016-2020 two additional holidays to be determined.
Please note that these proposed arrangements for 2015 / 2020 will align Aberdeen City Council and Aberdeenshire Council's school holiday dates as far as practicable.
Participants can either complete the onlie response via survey monkey follow link below, (please ensure you have read the options prior to undertaking this survey)
- Removed Link to survey monkey no longer active following close of consultation.
return the completed Holiday Proposal 2015 to 2020 Options or submit, in writing, any comments you may have.
To your child's school or any Aberdeen City school administration office
or post to:
School Holiday Consultation / School Estate Team
Aberdeen City Council
Business Hub 13
Second Floor North
or by email attachment to email@example.com
All responses should be received by 5.00pm on 17 September 2014.
Responses provide shall not receive an individual responses, all comments will be published on a web page accessible from this page as the consultation progresses personal details will be removed from such responses. The information gathered via this consultation shall be utilised in the creation of a report to the Education Culture and Sport Committee to be held on 13 November 2014.