Report to Education Culture and Sport Committee 30 January 2014 published 8 January 2014
Your Views and Information Updates
To close Bramble Brae and Quarryhill Schools and to establish a new amalgamated school within the existing Quarryhill building and campus.
The amalgamated school will accommodate all pupils in the current Bramble Brae and Quarryhill Schools delineated areas including those from new housing developments (school catchment areas/zones).
A period of Statutory Consultation commences on 26 August and ends on 11 October, 2013 (inclusive).
A series of four consultation meetings will be held on:
- Friday 13 September from 09:30 – 11:00 at Northfield Community Centre
- Friday 13 September from 13:30 – 15:00 at Northfield Community Centre
- Wednesday 18 September from 19:30 – 21:00 in Northfield Academy
- Wednesday 2 October from 19:30 – 21:00 in Northfield Academy
Availability of Document
A copy of the statutory consultation document is available to view for public consultation during the period of consultation at:
- Marischal College
- Central Library
- Mastrick Library
- Northfield Library
- Bramble Brae School
- Quarryhill School
- Northfield Academy
- Middlefield Community Project Nursery
- Lord Provost Henry Rae Community Centre
- Mastrick Community Centre
- Northfield Community Centre
- Sheddocksley Community Centre
The document and other information relating to the two schools is also available to view or download using the links on the right of this page.
Erratum: Page 34 Section 5.2.4 should read "390 (210, plus 40 Nursery)"
Submission of Views
Any written observations should be sent to:
Bramble Brae and Quarryhill Consultation,
Education, Culture and Sport
Aberdeen City Council,
Business Hub 13,
Second Floor North,
by email to email@example.com
All submissions expressing views on the proposals detailed in this document should be made in writing or by email by 5.00pm on Friday 11 October, 2013. It is intended to respond to issues raised from correspondence within a report presented to the Education, Culture and Sport Committee on 30 January 2014.
Views received will be published at intervals during the consultation