The quickest way to submit an enquiry to us is through our online forms. Your request will be routed directly to staff in that service area who can help.
Our Aberdeen City Council chatbot, AB-1 is available 24/7 on our website and can help you with your queries on council tax, education, roads & streetlighting and waste & recycling services.
For most customers these calls will be free. If you have 'free minutes' in your call plan, the 03000 numbers will be included in this. Calls from a BT line cost 11p per minute, the same as a local call.
We are experiencing significant pressures at this difficult time and some of our services are still reduced or suspended. We are currently running an essential and emergency phone service only and there may be longer wait times than usual. Please only report an emergency when there is an immediate danger to health and safety, or serious damage property.
03000 200 292 Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm, for:
- Make a payment (automated 24/7) (option 1)
- Housing and housing repairs (8am - 6pm) (option 2)
- Council tax, benefits and business rates (8am - 6pm) (option 3)
- Waste and environment (option 4)
- Planning, environmental health and trading standards (option 4)
- Parking, roads, streets and transport (option 5)
- Registrars, bereavement and archives (option 6)
Crisis Support line
The Council has a free crisis support line for those hardest hit, who are unable to find a link to support on our dedicated Coronavirus (Covid-19) page or through existing networks.
The number is 0800 0304 713
You can contact us for welfare advice and emotional support, including what to do if you are struggling to get food or pay bills.
This is not a medical helpline. If you require medical assistance you should contact NHS 24 on 111.
To make an online application at any time for a crisis grant, please go to crisis grant.
British Sign Language (BSL) users can contact us direct by using ContactSCOTLAND-BSL.
Alternatively you can use the Next Generation Text Service also known as Text Relay https://www.relayuk.bt.com/ by dialling 18001 + the required telephone number listed above.
How to contact us in an emergency
If you need to contact us in an emergency, outwith our office hours of Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm or on a public holiday, please phone 03000 200 292 for:
- Emergency housing repairs (option 2)
An emergency housing repair is required for issues which threaten the tenant’s (or someone else’s) safety or have the potential to cause significant damage to the fabric of the building, such as a gas leak or severe water leak, total failure of a central heating system, structural faults to roofs or walls. Works to make property secure or prevent further damage, such as broken window glass, burst pipes, loss of water, gas or electric supply.
- Emergency Waste and recycling (option 4)
- Emergency Trees, grounds and parks (option 4)
- Emergency Environmental health and trading standards (option 4)
- Emergency Roads and street lighting (option 5)
- An emergency roads or streetlighting repair is required for:
- Damage to street light cables.
- Lamp post struck by a vehicle.
- Lantern hanging dangerously.
- Dangerous overhead wires
- Subsidence of road
- Oil or fuel spill on the road
- Dangerous overhead wires
- Road sign causing an obstruction
Education and Culture
03000 200 293 Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, for:
- Accord card and national entitlement cards (option 1)
- Libraries (loans, renewals and general enquiries) and information services (option 2)
- Museums and galleries (option 3)
- Schools (school placings and school transport), nurseries and children's services (option 4)
- Pupil welfare (school clothing grants, education maintenance allowance and free school meals) (option 5)
- Family Information Service (option 6)
- Anti-Social Behaviour (9am to 4am) - 0800 0510 434 (The Antisocial Behaviour Team are currently unable to provide a call-out service but continue to provide telephone advice and support)
- Crisis Grants (Scottish Welfare Fund, 8am to 8pm) - 0800 0304 713
- Homelessness (24 hour) - 0800 9176 379
- Social Work (First point of contact, 24 hour) - 0800 7315 520
Deaf or hard of hearing
British Sign Language (BSL) users can contact us direct by using contactSCOTLAND-BSL
Alternatively you can use the Next Generation Text Service also known as Text Relay by dialling 18001 + the required telephone number listed above.
We share details of news, events and service updates on our social media channels. We monitor our social media accounts during working hours, Monday to Friday, except on public holidays. We respond to as many messages or comments as we can.
If your query is urgent, serious or involves personal details, please choose another way to contact us.
Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, the following Customer Access Points are currently closed:
- Mastrick Customer Access Point
- Kincorth Customer Access Point
- Woodside Fountain Centre (within Woodside Fountain Centre)
To help with the efforts to limit the spread of coronavirus, we’re providing essential face to face support only in our Customer Service Centre during reduced opening hours of 10.30am - 1pm, Mon to Fri. Please only visit if you have an appointment or an emergency request. Payments can be made online or by phone, or at your local Paypoint for rent and council tax.
Aberdeen City Council Customer Service Centre
(please also specify service)
You don't have to phone us to access most of our services. The quickest way to get in touch is to use our online forms.