Your data: housing alterations

How we use your information

We need to collect your personal information in order to determine requests for alterations to property owned by the Council or its associated ground. The request will be from either the current tenant or a mutual owner.

The information you provide will be used for the following purposes:

  • To determine if the request is acceptable to Aberdeen City Council.
  • To determine any conditions that will apply in the provision of the consent.
  • To determine any costs involved in the granting of the consent and the apportionment of any costs.
  • To make any relevant enquiries into current ownership of grounds where necessary.

The information you provide may be shared with the following services within the Council: Asset Management, Roads Services, Grounds Services, Housing Repairs, Legal Services, and Building Standards. It may also be shared with Scottish Fire and Rescue Service.

How long we keep your information for

Following your application, your information will be stored electronically and will be kept as long as the property exists and remains in council ownership. At the end of this period it will be securely destroyed.

Your rights

You have rights in relation to your data, including the right to ask for a copy of it. See the Your data page for more information about all the rights you have, as well as the contact details for the Council’s Data Protection Officer. You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office if you think we haven’t handled your data properly.

Our legal basis

Wherever the Council processes personal data, we need to make sure we have a legal basis for doing so in data protection law. The Council understands our legal basis for processing personal data in relation to your application as Article 6(1)(e) of the General Data Protection Regulation. This means that the personal information we collect is to fulfil our public task to consider requests for alterations or disposal under the Housing (Scotland) Act 2001.

Did you find what you were looking for?

Status message

Please note, this form is anonymous, we can't reply directly to your feedback. If you would like to report an issue, make a complaint or suggestion, please Contact Us.