Your data: noise complaint - fixed penalty notice

How we use your information

If you are issued with a fixed penalty notice (FPN) following a noise complaint, Aberdeen City Council keeps a record of any personal information you provide and personal information the Council receives from Police Scotland in our database. This information will include your name and address and details of the complaint against you. This information will be shared with our housing teams, social care and wellbeing teams, city wardens, Police Scotland, Scottish Fire and Rescue and NHS Grampian. If applicable, the information will also be shared with your registered landlord and other third sector agencies (e.g. Community Mediation, Victim Support etc.) who work collaboratively in addressing antisocial behaviour in our communities. If a FPN is not paid within 28 days this information will be shared with the Procurator Fiscal for consideration of prosecution.

How long we keep your information for

We will keep your information for 2 years from the date of the last complaint for the offending property.

Your rights

You’ve got legal rights about the way the Council handles and uses your data, which include the right to ask for a copy of it, and to ask us to stop doing something with your data. Please email the Council’s Data Protection Officer on or write to: Data Protection Officer, Aberdeen City Council, Business Hub 6, Level 1 South, Marischal College, Aberdeen, AB10 1AB.

See more information about all of the rights you have

You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office. They are the body responsible for making sure organisations like the Council handle your data lawfully.

Our legal basis

Wherever Aberdeen City Council processes your data we need to tell you what our legal basis in Data Protection law for doing so. The Council understands our legal basis for processing your data as Article 6(1)(e) of the General Data Protection Regulation.  This is because this activity is necessary as part of our public task as a local authority to investigate complaints of antisocial behaviour under The Antisocial Behaviour etc. (Scotland) Act 2004.

Did you find what you were looking for?

Status message

Please note, this form is anonymous, we can't reply directly to your feedback. If you would like to report an issue, make a complaint or suggestion, please Contact Us.