Your data: references for prospective tenants at Clinterty Traveller Site

How we use your information

Aberdeen City Council may contact you to ask for a reference for a prospective tenant, where your details have been provided to us for this purpose. The information you provide will only be used to determine the applicant’s suitability to be allocated a pitch on the Authorised Traveller Site.

Apart from the prospective tenant, the information you provide will not be shared with anyone else.

How long we keep your information for

If the applicant is allocated a tenancy on the Clinterty Traveller Site, we will keep the information you provided for 7 years from the close of the tenancy.

If the applicant is not allocated a tenancy on the Clinterty Traveller Site, we will keep the information you provided for a further year from the time they are removed from the waiting list.

Your rights

You have rights in relation to your data, including the right to ask for a copy of it. See the Your data page for more information about all the rights you have, as well as the contact details for the Council’s Data Protection Officer. You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office if you think we haven’t handled your data properly.

Our legal basis

Wherever the Council processes personal data, we need to make sure we have a legal basis for doing so in data protection law. The Council understands our legal basis for processing personal data in relation to the application as Article 6(1)(e) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This is because it is part of our public task to provide housing under the Housing (Scotland) Acts 1987, 2001 and 2010. The Council may process special category personal data. We understand our legal basis for doing so as Article 9(2)(g) of GDPR. This means that it is in the substantial public interest to fulfil our obligations that we have considered all relevant information when making decisions relating to housing, we do this under the Housing (Scotland) Act 1987.

Did you find what you were looking for?

Status message

Please note, this form is anonymous, we can't reply directly to your feedback. If you would like to report an issue, make a complaint or suggestion, please Contact Us.