Your data: trade waste enquiries

How we use your information

Aberdeen City Council collects this information about you in this form in order to provide quotations and advice, including online access to trade waste and recycling missed bin collections and general enquiry services.

The Council may be required to share parts of the personal information you provide with other Council business areas such as Service Income (finance related enquiries and support) and Environmental Health (environmental compliance). We will also share personal information with an organisation we have contracted with for our Service Management Information System in order to aid the effective management of our waste and recycling collections and related administration. We will only share the information necessary to complete your request.

How long we keep your information for

We will keep data from the date of issue for the current financial year plus: three months from completion for non-contract enquiries; three years for consumable requests and work instructions. All records will be destroyed upon reaching the end of their retention period. In the event that information types are mixed within the same source, the retention period applied will reflect the longest related time period.

For reporting missed bin collections online we will keep your information for one year from the date your form is submitted. For reporting general enquiries online we will keep your information for three years from the date your form is submitted. Contracts for trade waste are handled differently - see more information on how these records are held and managed.

Your data will be stored on secure servers within the EEA by our supplier Firmstep Ltd and on servers maintained by Aberdeen City Council in our local data centre with BrightSolid.

Your rights

You’ve got legal rights about the way the Council handles and uses your data, which include the right to ask for a copy of it, and to ask us to stop doing something with your data. Please email the Council’s Data Protection Officer on or in write to:

Data Protection Officer
Marischal College
AB10 1AU

See more information about all of the rights you have. You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office. They are the body responsible for making sure organisations like the Council handle your data lawfully. 

Our legal basis

Aberdeen City Council is the Data Controller for this information. Wherever we process personal data we need to make sure we have a legal basis for doing so in data protection law. The council understands our legal basis for processing information as Article 6(1)(e) of the General Data Protection Regulation. This is because it is part of our public task under the Environment and Protection Act 1990.

Did you find what you were looking for?

Status message

Please note, this form is anonymous, we can't reply directly to your feedback. If you would like to report an issue, make a complaint or suggestion, please Contact Us.